Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A Lesson In Contentment


As I've grown older I find that there are many distractions in this world. Some good and some not so good. I'm realizing that while I'm a daughter serving my family from home, I've been blessed in more ways than most. Even though I have my day-to-day list of chores, meals to cook, and clothes to be ironed, I always seem to end my day knowing that I'm a part of a vision that God has placed before my family and myself.
I'm finding how discontent I previously had been through my teenage years. I, like so many girls today, wasted my time looking to the future and not finding rest in where I was that day. For the first time in my life I have had peace with just being at home, reading, baking, having discussions and working. Of course, I anticipate my future of being a wife and mother, if the Lord allows. But I do not lose my focus of where he placed me in the meantime. I hope that you will cherish the time that the Lord has given you with your family. It doesn't last forever but the memories do. I'd like to end this post with an excerpt from one of my favorite books, Home-Making By: J.R. Miller. "May God help every one of us to live at home so tenderly, so unselfishly, so lovingly, that the memories we make within our own doors shall be our own holiest requiem, on the breath of which our spirits may be wafted away to glory in the Home in our Father's House!"

No comments: