Thursday, December 6, 2007

A Dream Come True....






This was the group!

Me taking a break after all that walking.



This Wednesday I had the opportunity to go to the High Museum of Art in Atlanta. This was my second time since they have been bringing over art from the Louvre in Paris. I am a huge fan of art but I have a certain love for the Impressionist period. So, it was such a treat that this time the exhibit that was showing was "Inspiring Impressionism". I had the honor of viewing artwork from Degas, Renoir, Cassatt, Cezanne, Pissarro, and Monet, to name a few! As I was walking through I jotted down several quotes and names of paintings that I found fascinating. Here is some of what I wrote down.

No art is less spontaneous than mine. What I do is the result of reflection and the study of the Old Masters. -Degas (1834-1917)

I believe that painting cannot be taught, and that it is not necessary to study with a master. Museums are all the teachers one needs. -Cassatt (1844-1926)

No comments: